1. Establishment of a correct listing price: When you have planned to sell your Mississauga Condo, you must establish the pricing for your property correctly. It is of vital importance. If you price it very high, it may not find a buyer ever, if it is too low, you may get a deal of loss.
2. Correct Listing Information: Tell your agent to make sure that all the details are filled correctly. This information will carry professional pictures, right square footage and accurately mentioning the description.
3. Allowing the Lockbox and easy access: Lockbox is generally used in the industry standards. The Lockbox has a code, which is released to real estate agents so as to minimize any risk regarding you. A lockbox make sure that the potential buyers can have direct access to your home only by a representative agent. Also, your home should be accessible at most of the time of the day and not just a certain time, this will let your home be sold as soon as possible.
4. Decluttering your condo: You must have your condo neat and clean, so that it looks inviting. A neat and clean environment allows the buyer to easily walk through your home and it will appear bigger than what it is actually.
5. Make your Condo cozy and welcoming: this is under the cleaning section, whip out your scented candles and put some nice pillows on the bed. Just imagine, if you walk into a beautiful home, don’t you wish, if it’s your home and not theirs.
6. Allow lights to feel like home: Buy some mirrors, and multiply the amount of light actually present in the home. Make sure, there is enough light inside your condo. No buyer would like to buy a condo which is dark on most of its part. Make your windows look bigger and complement them with a nice pair of curtains.
7. Make sure it is fragrance and not odor: This one can change the fate of your condo, if the cooking smell and pet smells are the most dominating thing in your condo, nobody would like to spend even a minute in that kind of home. Take every possible step to make your home smell fantastic. Open up the windows and spray some blossoms smelling fresheners.
8. Rented out Condos: Many square one condos are rented out. So make sure that you give your renters a notice 24 hours prior for showings to the buyers.
9. Do marketing of the property well: A realtor will help you with this one; a real estate agent knows all the legal issues involved. He will make sure to do all the marketing of your condo both online and offline in the most legitimate way. Do read my 26 point marketing plan to know the marketing tactics in detail.
Trademarks owned or controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association. Used under license.
The information provided herein must only be used by consumers that have a bona fide interest in the purchase, sale or lease of real estate and may not be used for any commercial purpose or any other purpose.
Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by TREB.
Toronto Real Estate Board - IDX Last Updated: 7/16/2019 8:31:31 AM